Most of our member congregations express their faith through works of charity. They feed the hungry and offer help to those in need.
MOSES helps congregations take the next step, from direct service to transformative justice. Rather than simply providing assistance, we form a community of neighbors who can together change public policy to make our communities places where everyone has a chance to succeed.
To create change, MOSES uses:
- Education: Helping communities better understand the issues that affect their lives;
- Training: Enhancing our abilities to act as leaders;
- Advocacy: Speaking with a common voice so public policy better reflects our common values;
- Action: Moving beyond the walls of our churches to make our presence felt and to transform our community.
To do all of this MOSES has built an organization with trained leaders and an orderly, effective process to best respond to the issues our members select to address.
Why does MOSES need members?
MOSES seeks to:
- Deliver a message of hope, healing, and unity that reaches beyond the divisions of race, creed, and social-economic barriers
- Build solid relationships with one another and with the greater community.
- Identify and take action on root causes of poverty, oppression, and injustice.
- Empower and train leaders to respond to injustices at the local, state, and national level.
- Be agents of change that build upon and create strong and just communities
These goals are not easy ones, but MOSES is committed to justice work for the long haul, and we need congregational and individual members to come together to make sure that we have the resources to meet our commitment.
Our relationship to WISDOM and Gamaliel
MOSES is part of WISDOM, a statewide organization with more than 125 member congregations in ten local affiliates across Wisconsin that work to live out their values in the world. Each local organization is autonomous, but we work together on matters of common concern.
RIC (Racine County)
CUSH (Kenosha County)
SOPHIA (Waukesha County)
ESTHER (Fox Cities and Oshkosh)
JOSHUA (Green Bay and Brown County)
MICAH (in Milwaukee)
NAOMI (Wausau area)
JOB (Beloit area)
JONAH (Eau Claire area)
WISDOM is part of a national organization called Gamaliel with 44 affiliates and 7 state offices in 17 states, Gamaliel works to build strong metropolitan and statewide organizations.