Our mission is to build collective power to dismantle the systems of mass incarceration and mass supervision and to eradicate the racial disparities in our community that contribute to them.
- an end to the systems of mass incarceration and mass supervision;
- an end to systemic racism;
- a reallocation of resources to create racial and economic equity;
- a just society without discrimination in which all people thrive.
- Human Dignity: We treat all people with respect and dignity.
- Compassion: We hold concern, love, and acceptance in our hearts for others and support their well-being.
- Justice: We believe that everyone should have a fair chance to succeed. We intentionally practice the principle of justice in our organization by prioritizing the voices of those who have been directly impacted by the system.
- Inclusion: We strive to build a diverse organization with distributed leadership and participation by all members.
- Credibility: We act with honesty and integrity with MOSES members and stakeholders in the public sphere while educating and advocating with evidence-based recommendations.
- Hope: We remain hopeful even when facing adversity, for we are guided by a vision of a more equitable society.